Pleached trees have become a staple of garden design over the last 15 to 20 years. Originally, pleached trees were mostly used for architecture and structure, giving definition and height to gardens, framing vistas, and creating avenues. They are now more commonly used for screening and privacy above walls and fences. Whatever your requirements, Valley Plants will almost certainly have the trees for you.
We offer a large range of deciduous species with various frame sizes and stem heights. Some clients may be looking for trees with lower stem heights, to grow above a low boundary wall or fence. Others may need a taller stem, 1.8m or higher to grow above a tall boundary to give extra privacy from overlooking properties or public spaces. We offer all of this and everything in between.
The range of pleached trees also covers differing stages of maturity. This allows us to offer clients a range of trees to suit all budgets, from freshly pleached trees to specimens that have been trained for 5 years or more.
We can also offer a range of pleached fruit trees with low and high stems. These include several varieties of apples, pears, plums, and cherries.
The range of deciduous pleached trees includes:
- Acer campestre (Field Maple)
- Acer campestre ‘Elsrijk’ (Field Maple)
- Carpinus betulus (Hornbeam)
- Cornus mas
- Fagus sylvatica (Beech)
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Atropurpurea’ (Copper Beech)
- Liquidambar sty. ‘Worplesdon’ (Sweet Gum)
- Liquidambar styraciflua (Sweet Gum)
- Malus ‘Evereste’ (Crab Apple)
- Morus spp. (Mulberry)
- Platanus x hispanica (syn. Platanus x acerifolia) (London Plane tree)
- Pyrus x calleryana ‘Chanticleer’ (Orrnamental Pear, Callery Pear)
- Quercus palustris (Pin Oak)
- Tilia spp. (Lime)
If we can assist you in your sourcing of pleached trees, please fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch shortly.