Hedges are such an asset to any garden. They offer the privacy and security of walls and fences, without being stark and overbearing. They can also provide valuable habitats for wildlife, shelter from prevailing winds and should last longer than most man-made boundaries. Council planning departments are beginning to insist on hedges more and more frequently as boundary treatments.
Valley Plants offer a huge range of hedge plants and instant hedge plants in deciduous and evergreen forms. Sizes start from small bare root plants and in some species, we can supply plants up to and above 5 metres in height. We offer a comprehensive selection of root-balled material in season and a more limited range of container grown plants in late spring and summer.
- Buxus (Box, Boxwood)
- Elaeagnus ebbingei
- Ilex aquifolium (Common Holly)
- Ilex crenata (Japanese Holly)
- Ilex meserveae (Blue Holly)
- Osmanthus burkwoodii
- Prunus laurocerasus (Cherry Laurel)
- Prunus lusitanica ‘Angustifolia’ (Portuguese Laurel)
- Taxus baccata (Yew)
- Taxus x media (Yew)
- Thuja occidentalis (Western White Cedar)
- Thuja plicata (Western Red Cedar)
- Tsuga canadensis
- Carpinus betulus (Hornbeam)
- Fagus sylvatica (Beech)
- Fagus sylvatica ‘Atropurpurea’ (Copper Beech)
- Ligustrum (Privet)
- Parrotia persica
If we can assist you in your sourcing of hedge plants, please fill out the contact form below and we will be in touch shortly.